Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Third Week Challenge


My apologies everyone, but I just got walked in the door from a quick trip to L.A... that was a long drive.

This week's challenge: Sleep.

I realize we have packed schedules, and life runs at a hectic pace... But sometimes you need to get some sleep to gear up for your crazy life. So, here are a few links I've found - since I have terrible, nay, horrid sleeping habits, (as this post's time stamp attests),

Weight Loss & Sleep: Is Your Diet Being Sabotaged By Your Sleeping Habits?
Insomnia Can Hinder Your Weight Loss
What's the Connection Between Sleep and Weight Loss

Let us take this week to reevaluate how much rest we are really giving our bodies. So this week, I'd like everyone to track their sleeping habits. Optimally, you should be getting 7-9 hours of sleep. I'm trying my hardest to get that one done - since I usually run on 6 or less.

The challenge will run from tonight, through Tuesday. So get some quality rest for yourself, and see if you can get a little more shut eye to help your body run a little better - and burn some extra calories.

Winner for this challenge will receive $15 to Barnes & Noble.

Sweet dreams everyone :)

12 comments:

  1. Keri,

    Thanks for posting the challenge! I think a couple of us are confused on how you will determine the winner? Is it the person closest to 8 hour per night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the person with the most hours collectively for the week. So, who ever has the most hours of sleep for the week, wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to send in your hours today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keri,

    Both Bekah and I will send it to you later today. I accidently left the paper with the times at home so it will have to wait till I get home...but we are two hours ahead of you guys so we will get it over asap!

    Chad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got 56 hours... being sick helped with the hours:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Migraines help too! There is always something positive, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm sorry, I'm not sure what email address to send it to, but I slept 61.5 hours this week. I'm a sleeper. normally I get even more than that, but i was doing press for Sundance this week. so this was actually the perfect challenge to keep me healthy. thank you!

    -Whitney Borup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got 66 hours of sleep. What can I say, I really like to sleep. That and still being on vacation, with an entire day to sleep on planes and not being in school yet really helped. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well both Bekah and I are well below Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I had this one in the bag! But I "only" got 59.5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. does this mean that I WIN!??!?! I knew that me being a lazy bum this week would pay off. i wish I had worked out as much as I slept but lets just say I hadn't been getting much sleep. Back to normal this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did I get everyone's hours? Just want to make sure before I post the winner :)

    ReplyDelete